Hey there! Welcome!
I am so excited to be going on a VIDA Volunteer trip and all the possibilities that it holds. My first leg of the trip began this morning at 3:30 as my parents drove me to the Atlanta airport. We said goodbye and I entered the long line of dreary passengers going through security.
At the gate, I met up with two other UGA students going on the VIDA trip, both pre-Med The flight to Miami was nice and short and I was able to take a much needed nap. After the Atlanta to Miami flight, we stopped for lunch at an Italian place where I got pizza and baked ziti. We talked our hopes for the trip and shared details about our lives. After briefly browsing the airport shops, I grabbed a venti coffee from Starbucks and boarded the plane to Managua.
Although I normally don't talk to the passengers around me on a flight, the friendly lady next to me asked me why I was going to Managua and we talked about the city.It turns out that she was born in Nicaragua and grew up there but she now lives in Miami. We talked about various cities and towns in Nicaragua and she told me that the first town we get to visit is a beautiful safe town with a wonderful market. I'm definitely looking forward to going to the market and talking with the locals.
After landing, we boarded the bus, got roommates, and checked into the hotel room. Our next activity is not until 6 when we have dinner.
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Arrival Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment